Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is the protocol in the advertising forum?

Discussion in 'Staff Room' started by OldWelshGuy, Jan 2, 2008.

1. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

2. espmartin

espmartin New Member Webmaster

Should there be a "20 post count" (or 10, or something...) before posting is enabled in
    the marketing/advertising area?

I'd like to see a minimum post count in the WordPress theme area too :)
  3. SkinnerW

SkinnerW New Member Webmaster

No one should be able to have live links in any forums before 10 posts count. We used to have even more restrictions for marketplace - no one could even see it before reaching 20 posts, but we are trying bring some live into it. Marketplace usually one of the most popular sections on many active forums so we will have to watch it closely to get rid of spam asap.

I also not a big fan of these WP guys and most of the themes they offer is junk but since WP is very popular and there are millions of users this section can bring us some extra traffic.
  4. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

I can live with that. How about we make a sticky and say that while we are happy to allow posts there for newbies, if they don't post afterwards it will be removed? The uissue is I guess that it will bring in others who will then post so it is a bit like link bait.
  5. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

Excellent suggestion, I will put this sticky in place in the next few hours.

Martin is doing a good job policing the WP theme guys, the one that does not comply with Martin's instruction on posting WP theme should be removed.

Featured Resources (View All)