Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Word Press site hacked

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by gkd_uk, Nov 17, 2015.

1. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Moderator Moderator Webmaster

Yes, I know the feeling.

When I setup my first ever word press site and it was hacked a few months later, it was a shock.

Luckily, I had backups but it triggered me into researching further into various plugins and methods on reducing the risk.

Thanks to plugin developers who offer free plugins

One thing you should do is change the default admin username to something different. Something I would highly recommend.

Launching your site one morning to see hacked messages all over ruins your day so look.

Do you have a story to share? or has your site been hacked?
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    K likes this.
  2. Maximum

Maximum Moderator Moderator Resource Rep Webmaster

Every site I have owned I've always kept security as my #1 priority as its not only beneficial to me its beneficial to the users of the site.
    gkd_uk likes this.
  3. T J Tutor

T J Tutor Administrator Administrator Webmaster

I've been hacked a couple of times over the past twenty years, but nothing recently. I've got an abundance of safeguards these days. I think most anyone with servers makes it their number one priority these days.
  4. nailah783

nailah783 New Member Webmaster

Yes, security is extremely important. I have been hacked a couple of times. I've had to change my password more times than I can count. I now have a security software that keeps my sites protected.

Featured Resources (View All)