Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Would you buy share in your web hosting company?

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by temi, Apr 6, 2008.

1. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

I got and email from Servage recently offering to sell me shares in their company. Servage is actually not bad as a hosting company but I am not sure about buying their shares.

Would you buy shares in your hosting company?
  2. Mega B

Mega B New Member Webmaster

It maybe a sound company and could well turn a profit and the allure of owning such shares is very attractive and you could also get a dividend every year.But the Biggest problem you will have is selling them and in my opinion it will be nearly impossible to do so.Bargepole job comes to mind:no:
  3. KingPin

KingPin Member Webmaster

I would buy shares in a hosting company, especially if it was reputable. I know there are a lot of hosting companies out there, in fact theres probably more resellers than hosting companies. That said, hosting is a very competitive market but it also can be very profitable.

I have thought for a while about setting up a hosting company or something similar but I have the SEO skills to be able to get the company ranked.

I guess it all comes down to how good the company is and their client base.

4. babadorie

babadorie New Member Webmaster

I will be a little hesitant to buy share especially if I have to shed out a huge some of money. Web hosting is an unpredictable business. A company can be doing fine today and all of a sudden something happen and it started loosing customers.

Featured Resources (View All)