Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

You know PR is worthless when...

Discussion in 'General Webmaster Helpdesk' started by Pentarix, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Pentarix

Pentarix Guest

This guy on http://forums.digitalpoint.com/ has a site that went from PR0 to PR8, he has 32 backlinks and the site has only been up for just over a month. The owner of the site goes on to berate those who tell him that it's a bug, calling them jealous and questioning their IQ, it's rather pathetic.

Anyway you can read the whole thing here:

This is his site here:

Here is the proof of PR8 and that he's not spoofing:
  2. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

Pentarix, I read that as well. I spend some time at DP, and in fact was one of the first to join there when Shawn Invited me to when he first set it up.

The guy has a PR8, or does he ;) I have looked at this, and am pretty sure I know what he has done. I am not going to post it on an open forum though ;)
  3. Pentarix

Pentarix Guest

Interesting! Well since I don't intend to do anything illegal, I don't really need to know what he's doing or how, as long as I know he's not legit, as I suspected. Thanks for the reply! btw do you use the same name over there, yes or no?

For those who don't know, http://forums.digitalpoint.com is a good site to check out! I haven't joined up but I've been lurking there for the past couple of months, some very interesting posts and some are even worth reading. :p
  4. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy New Member Webmaster

Yes, I use the same username everywhere (sometimes OWG) but either with spaces Old Welsh Guy (as in DP forum where I was a founding member when Shawn first set it up) or as in here without spaces.

The only place I use a different username is on my rugby forum and other rugby forums.
  5. dburdon

dburdon Guest

Celtic league

I'm glad to make the (semi) acquaintance of Old Welsh Guy. I live in Kent and founf out only last week that we can get Scrum V on Freeview.

Featured Resources (View All)