Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Zencart to Cubecart

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Speedbird, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Speedbird

Speedbird New Member Webmaster

Started my store using zencart and loved it however took some coding to get it right... Got site running at its best with up to date updates and it got hacked..... I really turned against zencart as a secure script like they say it is can be hacked in a few steps..

I have now moved to Cube Cart with my website back online....

I suppose if someone wants to get into your site they will.. its the virus protection on the database that counts..

Good luck choosing your cart

2. Bagi Zoltán

Bagi Zoltán Boss Cart consultant Webmaster

As you pointed the security should be take very siriously particularly when you launch a website to sell something. If you change a webshop software that may cause traffic drop because click throughs drop as the new URI pattern need to get indexed by search engines. When we were very close to the finish with the development of Boss Cart Premium shopping software we have tested the security in accordance with all the known hacking method, xss, sql injection, rfi etc. to make sure that it won't happen with our product. But as you said if somebody want to get into a certain site he will, but it does matter what price he will need to pay for it.
  3. Speedbird

no script can be 100 % safe from hackers and other virus attacks.. this kid wacked a Trojan Horse Virus into my index and admin login panel ....

when ever someone visited the site they got asked to download a file and that file contained a bad virus so i pulled the plug and shut down database to stop another attack.. i have spoke to my hosting provided and steps are been taking to trace the attack..

Newbies please be aware that you are not safe and these ppl will pay 1000's to get someone to hack a site or you will find a little kid sitting in there bedroom with nothing to do in there lives who mess around with coding and develope summit they never even knew was around lol
  4. temi

temi Facilitator Webmaster

Sorry to hear that your site was hacked.

I am not sure I agree with you that no script can be 100% safe, in my experience, most scripts are safe if it was a well written and up to date script which is hosted on a well patched server.

The vulnerabily arises when the script is out of date or the server its hosted on is not hardened.

5. Speedbird

Ello cheers for the reply.

Zencart to be honest is a well written script and safe script and was well recommended... I was on there forum and its been shown to how good and well the script war written however my site was still hacked..

I see what your saying but Zencart must have a leak or a free hole somewhere in there script and needs to be sorted quick as i had all up to date editions and all running perfect.

My hosting company admited that that if the virus defence on the server was at a low standard it could affected in many more ways and that everyone does need to be carfull as hacking and other virus definitions is becoming an everyday thing and as soon as an update come out a new virus name appears..

NO ONE is safe but i see what you are saying
  6. Emilyecho

Emilyecho New Member Webmaster

Yes, choosing the most proper cart for an online business is very important.

Featured Resources (View All)